These easy Brisket Sliders are made with deliciously tender smoked brisket (get the recipe here), served on toasted, buttered slider rolls, bbq sauce, a quick pickle, and pickled red peppers.
» You might like Brisket vs Tri Tip: What are the Differences?
🥳🥩New customers to ButcherBox get a FREE bundle including 2 lbs of ground beef, 3 lbs of chicken wings, and a 2.8 lb rack of St. Louis ribs. Offer ends March 19th. SIGN UP HERE
When we go our smoker and started making our own smoked brisket, that’s when the slider started. Oh my gosh, these sliders are so good. We almost make the brisket now just to make the sliders.
Since they are so easy to make, you can whip them up quickly for a party. They make the best finger food and I guarantee everyone who tastes one will be asking you for the recipe.
Ingredients You Need
- Brisket – You can buy brisket already smoked at the grocery store or supermarket or you can make it yourself. If you want to make it yourself, follow our smoked brisket recipe. For 12 sliders, you’ll need 1 pound of cooked brisket.
- Barbeque Sauce – You can any BBQ sauce that you like or make your own. I always make my own Smoky Bourbon BBQ Sauce, but I also really like Sweet Baby Ray’s Original BBQ Sauce.
- Slider buns – You can buy any brand of slider buns that you can find. I like to use St. Pierre’s Brioche Slider Buns, but if you can’t find those any will do. I don’t like to use King’s Hawaiian sweet rolls because they’re too sweet.
- Butter – You have to toast the buns with butter. This adds a ton of flavor and I actually think it’s half the reason these are so good so don’t skip this step.
- Other Slider Toppings – Quick pickles, cole slaw, or sliced peppers.
- Smoker – I use a Z Grills 700 series smoker for most of my smoking, though I also have a Traeger grill. You can use whatever smoker you have – they all work the same.
- Wood pellets – There are many types of pellets available. If you’ve already got pellets in your smoker, use whatever you have.
- Meat thermometer – Many smokers have a thermometer built in, but if you don’t have one you’ll want to get an instant-read thermometer like the Thermopen.
How to Make Brisket Sliders
Procedure For Making Brisket Sliders
Cut the slider buns in half and butter them. Place the face down on a heated griddle and toast them to a golden brown. Remove them from the griddle. Slather the bottom buns with barbeque sauce.
If you’re using leftover brisket, warm it up so the meat is tender and sliceable. Slice 12 long slices.
Place a slice of warmed brisket onto each slider bun. Place your toppings, such as quick pickles and peppers, on top. I like to add a few quick pickles and some pickled sliced peppers because they add a great acidity. Pour on a bit more barbeque sauce and complete the sliders with the top bun.
Additions & Substitutions
- These sliders are made with brisket, but if you don’t have any brisket you can use oven-roasted tri tip, Cuban Mojo marinated pork, or even carnitas. Any type of fork tender meat will go great in these sliders.
- We like to make a White Alabama BBQ Sauce that is killer. You can sub out the regular BBQ sauce with white BBQ Sauce for something a little different. Trust me, it’s delicious.
- Maybe melt some cheese on top of the brisket. Swiss or a little cheddar will add another yummy dimension to these sliders.
What Smoker to Use
Z Grills 7002C2E Pellet Grill & Smoker
The 7002C2E is a new model featuring a digital PID control board and advanced technology for even temperatures and consistent results. With the built-in dual temperature probes, a huge pellet hopper, pellet cleanout system, and pellet view window, your grilling experience will be enhanced like never before. See this grill and more on the Z Grills site.
Traeger Grills Pro Series 22 Pellet Grill & Smoker
Traeger created the original wood-pellet grill as the ultimate way to achieve wood-fired taste. The Pro Series 22 is the one most people choose because it’s compact, yet has plenty of space for cooking.
You can use any type of wood pellets you like. I prefer Hickory, which is great for naturally enhancing beef, chicken, pork, and veggies with full-bodied, bold flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of slider buns should I use?
There are many different brands and types of slider buns. Sometimes you can find ones that are just like hamburger buns, only smaller. Those are ideal. You can also use brioche buns or pretzel buns. I wouldn’t use the sweet rolls for this recipe because they are just a bit too sweet and change the overall taste of the sliders.
Should the brisket be sliced or shredded?
If you’re using leftover brisket, it’s best to warm the brisket back up and then slice it thinly. If the meat is super tender like smoked brisket tends to be, then slices are the best way to go. You can shred it as well, but the smaller pieces tend to fall off the slider, so it’s a bit messier.
😋 Looking for a quick dinner solution? 🥗😋
Want to get fresh, pre-portioned ingredients for delicious recipes delivered to your door? Add a few HelloFresh recipes to complete your weekly menu. Choose from 50 weekly menu curated by chefs! Sign up now to get 65% OFF your first box + your 1st box ships free.
Side Dishes to Try
Crunchy Broccoli Salad
Corn & Black Bean Pasta Salad
Bacon, Jalapeno & Corn Salad
Classic Wedge Salad
Pear & Gorgonzola Salad
Roasted Asparagus with Cranberries & Feta
Shaved Asparagus with Pesto
Roasted Green Beans & Mushrooms
Crispy Roast Potatoes
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Like this recipe? We’d love for you to share it on your Pinterest board! Click to follow our Pinterest boards so you can find all our recipes!
Instagram it! If you try this recipe please tag #AFoodLoversKitchen on Instagram or Twitter. We love to see your photos of our recipes! Also follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook to keep up on what we’re cooking up.
Easy Brisket Sliders
- Cut the slider buns in half and butter them. Place the face down on a heated griddle and toast them to a golden brown. Remove them from the griddle. Slather the bottom buns with barbeque sauce.
- If you’re using leftover brisket, warm it up so the meat is tender and sliceable. Slice 12 long slices.
- Place a slice of warmed brisket onto each slider bun. Place your toppings, such as quick pickles and peppers, on top. I like to add a few quick pickles and some pickled sliced peppers because they add a great acidity. Pour on a bit more barbeque sauce and complete the sliders with the top bun.
- Smoker pellet grill
🥧 If you’re interested in more great recipes, I share all my favorite Instant Pot recipes over at A Pressure Cooker Kitchen, air fryer recipes at Air Fry Anytime, and cocktails and drinks at Savored Sips. Check it out today!
Pin it for later!
Laura is a home cook who loves making new recipes and finding new favorite things to eat, whether at home or abroad. She also runs a popular travel blog and spends a lot of her time traveling for food.