I love this easy-to-make bacon, jalapeño and corn salad as a side dish, but it can also be served as a party appetizer or dip.
»You might also like these 20 Easy BBQ Side Dishes for Summer and this Shaved Asparagus Pesto Salad.
Who doesn’t love a dish with bacon in it, right? If you’re looking for ways to make corn more exciting, just add some bacon and jalapeño and it’s a completely different dish.
The crunchy corn and rich crispy bacon make this a really tasty dish, no matter how you choose to serve it.
Corn Salad Variations
There are many says you can alter this corn salad to make it just the way you like it. The biggest adjustment you can make is to go spicy or not. Jalapenos tend to get a bad rep as a super hot pepper, but if you remove the seeds and the white pithy ribs, almost all of the heat is taken out. So just by making this one change, you can have a spicy or mild salad.
Also, jalapenos are good for you – did you know this?
Another adjustment I make sometimes is to add shredded mozzarella cheese to the mix. You could add blue cheese for a more pungent variation, or leave the cheese out for a lighter version.
Adding diced sweet peppers is another great way to change up this corn salad. Red or yellow bell peppers work great.
» Psst, if you’re looking for more corn recipes, check out our Classic Mexican Street Corn (Elote).
Ingredients for Bacon, Jalapeno and Corn Salad
This delicious salad comes together quickly with ingredients you probably already have on hand.
- Corn – You’ll need either fresh or canned corn. We used canned corn here because it is a time saver and just as crunchy as cutting it off the cob.
- Bacon– Cook and crumble 3 slices of your favorite bacon.
- Mayonnaise – I always use full fat mayonnaise. It has the best flavor and will create the creamiest dressing.
- Sour cream – Sour cream mixed with mayo makes a tangy, creamy dressing for this salad.
- Jalapeno – Jalapenos are good for you but tend to get a bad rep as a super hot pepper. You can take most of the heat out by remove the seeds and the white pithy ribs.
- Salt and pepper – To taste
How to Make Bacon, Jalapeno and Corn Salad
Putting together this salad is super simple. You’ll need either fresh or canned corn, crumbled bacon or lardons (if you want to get fancy), diced jalapenos, and either mayonnaise or sour cream. I prefer to use a mixture of both.
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl that’s big enough to hold everything and stir it all up.
This salad is best served cold, so if you aren’t planning to eat it right away, put it in the refrigerator until just before service.
Yes, it’s simple, but that’s only half of what makes this a winning salad. These flavors belong together!
What to Serve Corn Salad With
In the summer, I make this salad a lot because it goes well with a lot of dishes as a side salad. Of course, it’s the perfect accompaniment to these verde burritos, or chicken flautas, but it also goes well with chicken or pork.
Try it alongside these Bacon-Wrapped Pork Chops or Cajun Dry Rub Chicken Wings. If you’re planning to serve it as an appetizer or dip, make sure you have crackers or chips handy to scope it up with. I especially like Fritos for this!
It’s a hit, no matter how you eat it.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Like this recipe? We’d love for you to share it on your Pinterest board! Click to follow our Pinterest boards so you can find all our recipes!
Instagram it! If you try this recipe please tag #AFoodLoversKitchen on Instagram or Twitter. We love to see your photos of our recipes! Also follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook to keep up on what we’re cooking up.
Bacon, Jalapeño, and Corn Salad
- 12 ounce can corn
- 3 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 jalapeno diced (seeds and ribs removed for less heat)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Serve cold.
- You can use canned or fresh corn for this recipe.
Other Summer BBQ Side Dish Recipes To Try
- Creamy & Spicy Chipotle Coleslaw
- Instant Pot Baked Beans Recipe
- Corn & Black Bean Pasta Salad
- Classic Mexican Street Corn
- Creamy Stovetop Mac & Cheese Recipe
- Best Broccoli Salad Recipe
Click for Even More Summer BBQ Side Dish Recipes
🥧 If you’re interested in more great recipes, I share all my favorite Instant Pot recipes over at A Pressure Cooker Kitchen, air fryer recipes at Air Fry Anytime, and cocktails and drinks at Savored Sips. Check it out today!
Pin it for later
Laura is a home cook who loves making new recipes and finding new favorite things to eat, whether at home or abroad. She also runs a popular travel blog and spends a lot of her time traveling for food.
One thought on “Bacon, Jalapeño, and Corn Salad”
We loved it.