When all dressed up, these crispy shrimp tacos look so tempting and delicious. You’ll want to eat more than just two. Well, go ahead! These are fairly healthy little tacos.
I have a serious obsession with tacos. Not just shrimp tacos, but basically every kind of taco imaginable (see: carnitas tacos or these pork belly tacos). It’s just that I really love shrimp tacos. They have a little bit of everything. They’re crispy, spicy, savory, and crunchy. And most importantly, they are made with all my favorite foods: shrimp, tortillas, cilantro, avocado and an incredibly delicious spicy cream sauce.
The best part about these shrimp tacos is that they can be made at any time, for lunch or dinner. They make a perfect quick and tasty lunch, as well as a healthy dinner. It doesn’t make a lot of time to prep, so you can throw these together in around 15 minutes.
Crispy or Not?
I personally prefer to make crispy shrimp for these tacos, which involves the extra step of coating them with an egg wash and flour and frying them in oil. You’ll find all the instructions here. If you want to make them healthier or quicker to make, you can forgo the flour and just saute them in the pan with no oil. You can also cook these in an air fryer, which works really well.
These shrimp tacos can also easily be made gluten free by serving them with corn tortillas instead. I prefer to use, 6-inch flour tortillas, but smaller ones work well too. Even 3-inch street taco corn tortillas can be used.
Make Mine Spicy!
If you like a bit of heat to your tacos, you can add more sriracha to the sauce, or even add some sliced jalapenos on top.
The creamy sriracha sauce is one of my favorite dips. It goes with everything. Seriously. Try it. I’m not exaggerating.
All it takes to make this sauce is mayonnaise and sriracha. Just mix up however much you think you’ll want. We make it in large batches (because we use it on everything) and store it in a squeeze bottle in the refrigerator. The squeeze bottle makes it really easy to drizzle on things like these yummy shrimp tacos.
Check out our recipe for Yum Yum Sauce, which is this sauce with the addition of a secret ingredient that will rock your world.
The toppings you use can vary as well. I always put pico de gallo on mine. If you don’t have cilantro, no problem. If you want to use jalapenos to spice it up even more, that’s great too. Or remove them all together. Anything goes!
These shrimp tacos make a great lunch or dinner meal. I eat them often because they’re so easy to make and are so good.
Looking for other shrimp dishes? Try our Pesto Zoodles with Shirmp.
Like this post? We’d love it if you would share it on your Pinterest board! Click to follow our Pinterest boards so you can find all our recipes!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Shrimp Tacos with Spicy Cream Sauce
- 6 6-inch soft flour tortillas
- 1 lb shrimp fresh or frozen/thawed
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded cabbage any kind you like
- 12 small cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1 avocado cubed (optional)
- Fresh chopped cilantro to taste
- Clean and peel the shrimp (if necessary), then pat dry.
- Combine the flour, paprika, and salt in a zip top bag. Add the shrimp and shake to coat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp cooking oil. When the oil is hot, add the shrimp and cook for 3 minutes on each side, until they are crisp and browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Shred the cabbage, slice the tomatoes and green onions. Chop avocado and cilantro, if using.
- Whisk together the mayo, garlic powder, vinegar and sriracha.
- Heat the flour tortillas according to the package directions. Top the tortillas with shrimp, cabbage, tomatoes, green onion and additional toppings.
- Drizzle with sriracha cream sauce and serve.