Who could resist this decadent, rich, silky No-Bake Oreo cheesecake, with none of the bake time? It’s a no-brainer, especially for summertime when no-bake is a must.
Any Oreo lover and fans of cookies and cream will love this dessert. It has a decadent Oreo-cookie crust and a rich and creamy cheesecake base with crumbled cookies mixed in.
The combination of tangy cream cheese perfectly balances the sweetness of the Oreo cookies, which makes this dessert just the right amount of richness and sweetness.
Tips for Making No-Bake Cheesecake
Setting the cream cheese out on the counter about an hour before making this and letting it come to room temperature will help the mixing process go smoother. You can alternatively soften the cream cheese in the microwave.
The easiest way I’ve found to crush Oreos is by zipping them into a plastic bag and rolling over it with a rolling pin. You could also use a food processor, or even a rough chop with a knife would do the job.
Make sure to let the cheesecake set completely before slicing it. It’s super tempting to cut down the wait time but I promise it’s worth the wait. This way you ensure not getting a gloopy slice of cake.
Can I Freeze This Cheesecake?
Like most pies and cakes, this cheesecake can be frozen for later. Make the recipe, put it on a plate or cardboard round, then cover in plastic wrap and tin foil. It can keep for one to two months in the freezer.
For a different texture, try transferring the cheesecake into the freezer to cool instead of the fridge. This creates almost a crystalline texture, which is really interesting, and it would be a nice cold dessert for a hot summer day.
Toppings to Consider
Try enhancing the recipe by adding fresh fruit to the top, such as raspberries or strawberries. Just a few berries can really brighten up this cheesecake. The Oreos pair quite well with berries.
If you have a serious chocolate craving, adding chocolate syrup to your filling mixture would make this a double chocolate delight!
Other Recipes to Try:
Like this recipe? We’d love for you to share it on your Pinterest board! Click to follow our Pinterest boards so you can find all our recipes!
Instagram it! If you try this recipe please tag #AFoodLoversKitchen on Instagram or Twitter. We love to see your photos of our recipes! Also follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook to keep up on what we’re cooking up.
No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- 16 Oreo cookies
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 3.5 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 tbsp confectioners sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream chilled
- Crumble 12 Oreo cookies with a food processor to the size of small pebbles. Add the cookie crumbles to a mixing bowl, reserving a few tablespoons out to incorporate into the filling later on.
- Add the melted butter and mix it together. Pour the crumbs into the bottom of a spring form pan and pat it down gently with your hands until firmly compact.
- Add the whipping cream to a mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat it for around 3-5 minutes or until soft peaks form. Put the mixing bowl in the refrigerator so the whipped cream can set.
- Put the cream cheese in a separate mixing bowl. Add the sugar and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined and creamy.
- Next, add the chilled whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and mix it together until well combined.
- Add the reserved Oreo cookie crumbles and fold them into the mixture. Break up four more Oreos into larger pieces and add half of those to the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a 6” spring form pan. If your pan is bigger, the mixture will only fill halfway up the pan. Smooth it out with a spatula and top it with the remaining bits of Oreo cookies.
- Place it in the fridge to chill and set. It will take at least 5 hours to set.