Wondering what to do with all the leftovers from your Thanksgiving dinner? You are going to love this ultimate Turkey sandwich, stuffed with brie cheese, turkey slices, stuffing, and cranberry sauce, then slathered with rich turkey gravy.
😋 Looking for a quick dinner solution? 🥗😋
Want to get fresh, pre-portioned ingredients for delicious recipes delivered to your door? Add a few HelloFresh recipes to complete your weekly menu. Choose from 50 weekly menu curated by chefs! Sign up now to get 65% OFF your first box + your 1st box ships free.
Inspired by the sea of leftover a typical family has after the biggest eating holiday of the year, this hearty turkey sandwich packs it all in for a stunner of a meal.
We all know the flavors of Thanksgiving – the stuffing, the turkey, the cranberry sauce. All of those flavors go really well together and I don’t just mean side by side on the dinner plate. They actually go really well all in one bite. So why not!
We started with a soft hoagie roll and just started loading up the leftovers until we’d piled it high with everything. Then we cranked it up a notch by pouring the leftover gravy over the top. Amazing.
Ingredients You’ll Need
The thing about this sandwich is that it’s all about the leftovers, so you don’t have to go out of your way to find a particular ingredient if you don’t happy to have it leftover. You can always skip it if you don’t have it.
- Hoagie Rolls – We like Pepperidge Farms, Franz, and Sara Lee Soft Hoagie rolls best. Something soft and wide, so it will fit the ingredients.
- Turkey – Use the sliced turkey you have leftover from the Thanksgiving bird. We like to make a turkey breast in the Instant Pot since we have a small Thanksgiving and don’t want the entire thing left over.
- Stuffing – You can use whatever stuffing you have. Keep it simple with the boxed version or make your own.
- Cranberry Sauce – Use the canned stuff, or make your own. It can be chunky or smooth.
- Brie cheese – A wheel of brie which you’ll slice.
- Turkey gravy – I used the leftover gravy that we made for our Thanksgiving dinner. You could use your leftovers or make some gravy with chicken stock, or use a packet of dried gravy granules.
How to Make the Ultimate Thanksgiving Turkey Sandwich
Place the brie slices on the bottom bun of the hoagie. You can use 2-3 slices for each sandwich, depending on how much you like brie. Make the slices of brie as thin or thick as you like. You can remove the rind if you want, but it’s not necessary.
Meanwhile, heat up the gravy in a pot on the stovetop or in a bowl in the microwave, so it’s ready when the sandwiches come out of the oven.
Remove the sandwiches from their foil and serve them right away with the hot gravy. You can either remove the top and pour the gravy over the brie inside the sandwich, or use it as a dipping sauce, like you would a French dip.
Additions & Alterations
- One of the great Thanksgiving side dishes that we left off the sandwich is mashed potatoes. We tried it both with and without and decided that the mashed potatoes make the sandwich a bit mushy and we didn’t like the texture. Decide for yourself. Add some mashed potatoes if you like.
- Use a different type of bread. We love hoagie rolls and find that this sandwich is best on a nice soft hoagie roll. However, you can make it with sliced white or wheat bread, or even make a panini out of it.
- If you don’t like Brie cheese, you can use any type of creamy or soft melting cheese. Even cheddar is good on the sandwich, but I would suggest sticking with soft cheeses like camembert, swiss or provolone.
- The gravy makes the sandwich moist and flavorful, so we don’t think it needs mayo, but if you want to add some that’s cool.
Side Dishes to Try
Like this recipe? We’d love for you to share it on your Pinterest board! Click to follow our Pinterest boards so you can find all our recipes!
Instagram it! If you try this recipe please tag #AFoodLoversKitchen on Instagram or Twitter. We love to see your photos of our recipes! Also follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook to keep up on what we’re cooking up.
The Ultimate Thanksgiving Turkey Sandwich
- 2 hoagie rolls
- 4-6 slices brie
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce
- 4 thick slices of turkey
- 1 cup stuffing
- 1 cup gravy
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the brie on the bottom of the hoagie roll. Layer on the turkey, cranberry sauce, and stuffing. Put the top on the roll.
- Wrap each sandwich in tin foil and put it in the oven. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Heat up the gravy in a pot on the stovetop or in a bowl in the microwave, so it’s ready when the sandwiches come out of the oven.
- Remove the tin foil from the sandwiches and serve hot with the gravy either poured inside the sandwich or on the side as a dipping sauce.
🥧 If you’re interested in more great recipes, I share all my favorite Instant Pot recipes over at A Pressure Cooker Kitchen, air fryer recipes at Air Fry Anytime, and cocktails and drinks at Savored Sips. Check it out today!
Pin it for later!
Laura is a home cook who loves making new recipes and finding new favorite things to eat, whether at home or abroad. She also runs a popular travel blog and spends a lot of her time traveling for food.