These Roasted Parmesan Sweet Potatoes make a perfect side dish for your meal. They are super quick to make and have a great balance of sweet and savory.
I love these sweet potatoes and could probably eat them every day. They’re amazingly good. If you’re not a huge sweet potato fan, and don’t make them often because of it, give these a try.
The butter and Parmesan attaches to each cube of potato and crisps them up nicely on the outside, while the inside becomes so soft and sweet. The savory flavor offsets the sweetness, making them irresistible little morsels.
You can pair these with just about any main dish, which makes them versatile for any dinner.
How to Make Roasted Parmesan Potatoes
All you really need to do is peel and dice the potatoes, toss them with the butter, Parmesan, salt and pepper. Add minced garlic or some garlic salt, if want it. I don’t prefer garlic, personally.
Toss them in a bowl with the ingredients until they’re well coated.
For this, you’re going to want to use finely grated Parmesan. You can grate your own with a microplaner to get it very finely shredded, or buy it that way. Larger grated cheese doesn’t work as well. It doesn’t coat the potato pieces, and it turns a bit greasy in the oven.
Scatter the potatoes on a baking tray that’s lined with parchment paper or well greased (so the potatoes don’t stick).
Put them in the oven at 425 degrees F (220 C) for about 30-35 minutes, tossing halfway through to cook evenly.
Serve them right when they come out of the oven with a little of the extra Parmesan sprinkled on top.
Can I Reheat Roasted Sweet Potatoes?
They can be reheated later, but they’ll lose their crispiness. If you need to reheat them again if you have leftovers, I suggest putting them back in the oven (or air fryer if you have one) for about 10 minutes to warm and crisp them again.
Also, you can freeze them both before and after cooking. Just reheat them or bake them from frozen in the oven. Cook times will vary depending on whether they’ve been cooked once already. Give them 15 minutes if already cooked and 40-45 minutes if raw.
Like this recipe? We’d love for you to share it on your Pinterest board! Click to follow our Pinterest boards so you can find all our recipes!
Instagram it! If you try this recipe please tag #AFoodLoversKitchen on Instagram or Twitter. We love to see your photos of our recipes! Also follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook to keep up on what we’re cooking up.
Roasted Parmesan Sweet Potatoes
- 1.5 lbs sweet potato peeled and cubed (about 2 large potatoes)
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 cup loosely packed shredded Parmesan cheese about 40g, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced (if desired)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the cubed potatoes in a bowl. Pour over the melted butter, most of the Parmesan cheese (reserving a little to sprinkle on before serving), salt, pepper, and garlic (if using). Stir to coat.
- Pour the potatoes onto a baking sheet and spread them evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, flipping once to ensure even cooking. Serve with remaining shredded Parmesan sprinkled on top.