One of the easiest and best ways to make BBQ chicken wings is in the oven. These foolproof chicken wings are tender and delicious.
When I’m craving comfort food, one of my go-tos are these BBQ chicken wings. They are so easy to make that they’re a no-brainer for a snack or a casual dinner. Slather a little of my favorite homemade bourbon BBQ sauce on them and you’ll be making them every week!
There are so many ways to make chicken wings. You can grill them, fry them, or bake them. Of course, we all love fried chicken wings, but the extra oil that’s added in the process isn’t very sustainable for the diet. Baking the chicken wings leads to just as tender and crispy a wing, with a lot less fat.
It’s also a much easier way to make them. I will admit that the air fryer is another really great way to make chicken wings. If you’ve never used an air fryer before, you should give it a try. It’s amazing how crispy food gets, without all the grease.
I like to smother my wings in bbq sauce. I don’t need any other dipping sauce for these delicious little morsels. However, they go really well with a blue cheese dressing or ranch sauce, too, if you prefer.
How to Make BBQ Baked Chicken Wings
The first step to making these baked bbq chicken wings is to put together a basic rub for the wings. Coating the wings in this dry rub will give them a ton of extra flavor and will help to absorb the moisture on the wings, leading a crispy exterior.
For the rub, I combine chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix it all together and then rub it all over the wings.
Now you bake the wings for about 15 minutes, until they begin to brown on one side. Flip them over and bake for another 15 minutes on the other side. Now is when you start to baste them with bbq sauce. I like to use my homemade bourbon bbq sauce, but you can use whatever your favorite sauce is. Be generous and coat the top side of the chicken wings.
Turn your oven to broil, with the top rack lowered to the 2nd row. This will help keep the splatter and flare ups to a minimum. You’ll want to keep a close eye on the wings as they broil. They only need about 4 minutes per side. Once one side begins to crackle and pop, remove the tray and slather the sauce on the other side of the wings. Broil again.
Once the wings have gotten a light char on each side, remove them from the oven and serve.
These baked BBQ wings are great for parties, picnics, or even backyard barbecues. They turn out perfect every time, and the sauce makes them irresistible finger food!
Like this recipes? Be sure to save it on your Pinterest board for later! Click to follow our Pinterest boards so you can find all our recipes!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Baked BBQ Chicken Wings
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat the wings with the dry rub and place them on a greased baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the tray and flip over the wings. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the wings and baste them liberally with the bbq sauce.
- Turn your oven to broil, with the top rack lowered to the 2nd row. Broil the wings for four minutes. Once one side begins to crackle and pop, remove the tray and slather the sauce on the other side of the wings. Broil again.
- Once the wings have gotten a light char on each side, remove them from the oven and serve.
- You can use our Bourbon BBQ Sauce recipe, or any other BBQ sauce you prefer. It doesn't have to be homemade.
- For the rub, any combination of the spices in the rub will do, if you don't have all of the specific spices it calls for.