You can make a batch of Peach Iced Tea in just 15 minutes with the Instant Pot and it won’t heat up your kitchen like it does on the stovetop.
In the heat of summer, a glass of chilled Peach Iced Tea is the perfect beverage to cool you down. I make a pitcher of this tea at least once a week, so it’s always in the refrigerator when I want some.
There are many tea companies making peach flavored iced tea these days, but none of them compares to this fresh-made version that uses actual fruit. The flavor is unmatchable.
What Tea to Use
I prefer to use high-quality black loose leaf tea for this recipe. I like the Republic of Tea’s black Darjeeling tea, because it has the best flavor and it’s organic. However, there are many options.
You can use plain old Lipton black tea bags, just remember to remove the yellow tag from the bags. I’ve used other brands of tea bags, like PG Tips, but they impart a filmy substance in the tea that’s not particularly pleasant.
Should I Skin the Peaches?
Another decision you’ll need to make is whether or not to skin the peaches. I personally prefer to skin the peaches, but this is a personal preference. There is no visible difference in the tea if you skin the peaches or not.
If you buy organic peaches, there’s really no need to skin them. I do it because the peaches are often quite fuzzy and I want to make sure the tea is as pure as it can be.
Try adding extra additions to this peach tea, to give it a twist, like ginger or mint. You can add these extras right to the Instant Pot and the flavor will infuse into the tea.
Other beverage recipes you might like:
- Peach Mezcal Margaritas
- Refreshing Limoncello Spritz
- 6 Refreshing & Easy Summer Cocktails
Like this recipe? We’d love for you to share it on your Pinterest board! Click to follow our Pinterest boards so you can find all our recipes!
Instagram it! If you try this recipe please tag #AFoodLoversKitchen on Instagram or Twitter. We love to see your photos of our recipes! Also follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook to keep up on what we’re cooking up.
Instant Pot Peach Iced Tea
- 8 c. water
- 4 organic black tea bags paper tags removed
- 4 fresh peaches pitted, skinned, and cut into chunks
- Local honey to taste (optional)
- Optional garnish:
- 1 fresh peach cut into thin slices
- 6-8 fresh mint sprigs
- Add water, tea bags, peaches, and fresh ginger to Instant Pot and stir to combine.
- Add lid and lock into place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting on normal for 5 minutes.
- When finished, allow pressure to release naturally (NR) for 10-15 minutes, then do a quick release (QR) to allow the remaining pressure to escape.
- Carefully strain hot tea mixture with a fine mesh strainer to remove the solids. Pour the remaining liquid into a large, heat-resistant pitcher.
- Sweeten with honey, to taste, and stir to combine. Cool slightly before serving over ice with peach slices and sprigs of fresh mint, if desired.