Buffalo ranch chicken wraps are so tasty, loaded with flavor from spicy buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, and blue cheese.
» You might also like these Easy Homemade Sloppy Joe Recipe.
These wraps are easy to make for lunch. I like to prepare the ingredients and have it in the fridge for when I’m ready to through together a wrap. It’s so simple, and so delicious.
This Buffalo ranch chicken wraps recipe is among my all-time favorite wraps to make. It has a spicy, smoky flavor, richness from the dressing, and crunchy fresh lettuce to cool it all down. All you have to do is cook the chicken, shred it, mix it with the rest of the ingredients and fill your wrap.
Ingredients You Need
You can make these tasty wraps using these simple ingredients:
- Chicken breasts – The main ingredient for this recipe is chicken breast. Use boneless and skinless chicken for these wraps. You can also shortcut this step by using rotisserie chicken.
- Buffalo hot sauce – Spicy buffalo sauce is a signature sauce loaded with flavors. It has the right amount of heat smokiness. I prefer to use Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo sauce.
- Butter –Use salted butter for additional flavor.
- Ranch dressing mix – This is the powdered form of the dressing that you can find in a packet or a larger container at the store. If you can’t find it, you can use prepared Ranch, but it will add more creaminess to the chicken.
- Flour tortillas – you can use corn tortillas, if you wish. I like to use 8″ to 10″ burrito wraps.
- Blue cheese – crumbled blue cheese has a unique, salty, and slightly spicy flavor. Its flavor complements the rest of the ingredients very well.
- Blue cheese dressing – To intensify the flavors, use blue cheese dressing.
- Shredded lettuce – shredded lettuce adds a crispy and refreshing touch to this wrap.
How to Make Buffalo Ranch Wraps
Add chicken breast to a pot. Fill the pot with water to 1 inch above the chicken. Heat to a boil. Once boiling, cover the pot and reduce the heat to a simmer. Check the internal temperature of the chicken after 8 minutes. It should be 165° F. It could take up to 15 minutes for larger breasts to cook through.
Remove from heat and transfer the chicken to a cutting board. When cooled slightly, shred the chicken with a fork. Place the shredded chicken back into the pot. Add in the buffalo sauce, butter and Ranch dressing mix. Stir well.
Spread the shredded buffalo chicken among the 4 tortillas. Top with blue cheese, blue cheese dressing, and shredded lettuce.
Tuck in the sides of the tortilla. Fold the bottom flap over the filling and roll tightly. Cut in half and serve.
Substitutions & Variations
Not everyone loves blue cheese, so that’s probably the element you’ll want to substitute. The good thing is that you can just use Ranch dressing in place of the blue cheese dressing, and you can use feta cheese in place of the blue cheese crumbles.
If you want to substitute the buffalo sauce, you can use Cholula hot sauce (although in a smaller amount), or you can use tomato sauce (not crushed tomatoes from a can or tomato paste, but sauce or passata).
Add any extra veggies you want, like sliced tomatoes or sliced bell peppers or cucumber for extra crunch.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you use leftover chicken or turkey for this recipe?
Absolutely! If you happen to have leftover chicken in your refrigerator, feel free to use it for these wraps. Moreover, you can also replace chicken meat with turkey meat as well.
Can you make hot buffalo sauce a home?
Yes, you can make hot buffalo sauce at home as well. It is super easy to make and allows you to customize the flavor according to your liking. You will need:
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Mix all the ingredients, and voila!
What is the substitute for blue cheese?
If you don’t have blue cheese, no problem! You can use feta cheese, queso fresco, goat cheese, or cheddar cheese as well.
Can you add more vegetables to this recipe?
Absolutely! although I have used only lettuce, feel free to also add tomatoes, onions, corns, bell peppers, etc.
Can you make these buffalo ranch chicken wraps in advance?
Yes, make them in advance and wrap them tightly with aluminum foil. Refrigerate for up to 2 days. You can reheat these in the microwave and enjoy!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Like this recipe? We’d love for you to share it on your Pinterest board! Click to follow our Pinterest boards so you can find all our recipes!
Instagram it! If you try this recipe please tag #AFoodLoversKitchen on Instagram or Twitter. We love to see your photos of our recipes! Also follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook to keep up on what we’re cooking up.
Buffalo Ranch Chicken Wraps
- Add chicken breast to a pot. Fill the pot with water to 1 inch above the chicken. Heat to a boil. Once boiling, cover the pot and reduce the heat to a simmer. Check the internal temperature of the chicken after 8 minutes. It should be 165° F. It could take up to 15 minutes for larger breasts to cook through.
- Remove from heat and transfer the chicken to a cutting board. When cooled slightly, shred the chicken with a fork. Place the shredded chicken back into the pot. Add in the buffalo sauce, butter and Ranch dressing mix. Stir well.
- Spread the shredded buffalo chicken among the 4 tortillas. Top with blue cheese, blue cheese dressing, and shredded lettuce.
- Tuck in the sides of the tortilla. Fold the bottom flap over the filling and roll tightly. Cut in half and serve.
🥧 If you’re interested in more great recipes, I share all my favorite Instant Pot recipes over at A Pressure Cooker Kitchen, air fryer recipes at Air Fry Anytime, and cocktails and drinks at Savored Sips. Check it out today!
Pin it for later
Laura is a home cook who loves making new recipes and finding new favorite things to eat, whether at home or abroad. She also runs a popular travel blog and spends a lot of her time traveling for food.