Fluffy Cream Cheese Frosting
Cream Cheese Frosting is our preferred frosting for cakes and cupcakes for one important reason: it has just the right amount of sweet and tart, for the perfectly balanced frosting.
Servings: 3 cups
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
In a large mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese and butter and beat on high speed until creamy and well blended.
Add the vanilla and powdered sugar and beat on low until until completely incorporated - about 3 minutes, then beat on high for an additional 2 minutes.
Use immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- You can use a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, or a hand blender to make this frosting.
- If the frosting isn't stiff enough for you, add an additional 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar.
- This recipe is enough frosting for 12-15 cupcakes or one cake.