Corn & Black Bean Pasta Salad
This Corn & Black Bean Pasta Salad combines fusilli pasta with corn, black beans, bell pepper and cilantro for a Southwestern flair.
Servings: 6 servings
- 4 oz fusilli pasta uncooked
- 1 cup whole kernel corn drained
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 cup yellow or red bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- 1/2 avocado diced (optional)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes optional
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain; set aside to cool. Once cooled, add the pasta to a large bowl. Add the corn, blackbeans, tomatoes, bell pepper and cilantro. Stir together.
In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lime juice, chili powder, cumin and salt.
Add the dressing to the pasta salad. Stir to combine.
Refrigerate covered until ready to serve. Add the avocado and red pepper flakes (if desired) just before serving.
Calories: 227kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 208mg | Potassium: 335mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 307IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg