Classic Crepe Recipe
This classic crepe recipe can be used to make sweet or savory crepes with the filling of your choice.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Butter and powdered sugar for serving optional
In a mixing bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, water, salt and butter. Whisk or beat until smooth. Slowly add in the flour until well combined and smooth.
Allow the batter to rest for 3-5 minutes.
Heat a griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Oil it lightly. Pour a scoop of batter onto the griddle and quickly tilt the pan in a circular motion to spread the batter into an even layer that coats the pan.
Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes. The top will begin to form bubbles and dry out. Flip the crepe over with a spatula. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Serve hot with butter and powdered sugar.
- Each crepe requires about 1/4 cup of batter.
- For dessert crepes, add 1/2 tsp vanilla and 1 tsp sugar to the batter.
- For savory crepes, you can add dried herbs or even shredded Parmesan cheese to the batter.
- Crepes can be filled with your choice of ingredients. Try sliced strawberries and bananas, nutella, caramel, or for savory crepes, try ham and cheese or feta and cherry tomatoes.
Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 247mg | Potassium: 108mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 362IU | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 2mg