Shrimp Tacos with Creamy Sriracha Sauce
These crispy shrimp tacos tick all the boxes. They're crunchy, savory, spicy and really tasty.
Servings: 8 tacos
- 8 small flour or corn tortillas
- 1 lb shrimp fresh or frozen/thawed (approximately 20 shrimp)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp dry rub
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 cup cabbage shredded (red and/or white)
- 1/2 lb cherry tomatoes cut into quarters
- 1 avocado cubed
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Sriracha
- 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Fresh chopped cilantro for garnish
Clean and peel the shrimp (if necessary), then pat dry.
Combine the flour and dry rub in a zip top bag. Add the shrimp and shake to coat.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp cooking oil. When the oil is hot, add the shrimp and cook for 3 minutes on each side, until they are crisp and browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Assemble and chop all of the vegetables and toppings.
Whisk together the mayo, Sriracha, garlic powder, and vinegar.
Heat the flour tortillas according to the package directions. Top each tortilla with shrimp, cabbage, tomatoes, avocado, green onion, and cilantro.
Drizzle with sriracha cream sauce and serve.
- Size and weight of the shrimp needed may vary. I estimate 3-4 shrimps per taco for medium sized shrimp.
Serving: 2tacos | Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 146mg | Sodium: 730mg | Potassium: 298mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 227IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 131mg | Iron: 3mg