Cilantro Lime Rice
Cilantro Lime Rice is so flavorful and delicious, you’ll want to serve it with all of your meals. It’s the perfect side dish for any Mexican-inspired meal.
Servings: 2 Servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup basmati long grain white rice
- 1/2 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp lime zest
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup lightly packed chopped cilantro leaves and t
Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the rice grains and stir to coat with the olive oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice has started to brown. Add the garlic and cook for one minute more.
Add the water, lime zest and salt. Bring the rice to a boil, then cover and lower the heat to low. Cook the rice for 15 minutes. Remove the lid quickly to check the rice. Return it to the heat if the rice is undercooked.
Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Add the lime juice and chopped cilantro. Stir to combine.
- Be sure to toast the rice before cooking it, to give it loads of extra flavor.
- You can add minced garlic to the rice after cooking, for an extra twist.
- Leftover rice can be stored in the freezer in an airtight contain or plastic wrap for up to a month.
Calories: 234kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 300mg | Potassium: 53mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 135IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg