Farfalle alla Vodka
Farfalle pasta with a rich, creamy tomato vodka sauce.
Servings: 2 servings
- 4 oz uncooked farfalle pasta
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 14 oz can chopped tomatoes
- 1/8 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
Following the directions on the package, cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente.
While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce. Start by adding extra virgin olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the crushed garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds.
Add the crushed tomatoes and vodka to the pan. Simmer for 10 minutes over medium-low heat.
Stir in the heavy cream and simmer for another 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add the butter and stir. Remove from heat and let stand for 3 minutes. Season the sauce with salt and pepper, to taste.
Add the pasta to the skillet with the sauce and stir to coat.
Serve the pasta with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- We use crushed tomatoes for this sauce. However you can use chopped or whole canned tomatoes, as well. You will just need to puree the tomatoes with a stick blender or in a food processor before adding it to the sauce.
- Don't allow the sauce to boil or the cream will break.
- If the sauce still has an aroma of alcohol after simmering for 10 minutes, continue to simmer until the alcohol aroma had dissipated.
Calories: 497kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 354mg | Potassium: 522mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 921IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 3mg