Turn a fresh and summery Caprese salad into a main dish with this colorful Caprese ravioli recipe. It’s perfect for a Meatless Monday in summertime.
Servings: 2 people
- 8 oz package ravioli
- 1 tbsp high quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 12 mini mozzarella balls sliced in half
- 10 basil leaves sliced in a chiffonade
- 1/8 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook the ravioli according to the package instructions.
When the ravioli is done, drain the water from the pot. Add a drizzle of high-quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil, salt and papper, and toss the pan to coat the ravioli in the oil. Then transfer the ravioli to plates.
Top with the tomatoes, mozzarella and basil. Then finish with a grating of Parmigiano cheese.
- Cheese ravioli works best with this recipe, but you can also use sun-dried tomato, spinach-filled, or even meat-filled, if you want.
- You can use homemade ravioli, if you want to make it yourself.