Baked BBQ Chicken Wings
One of the easiest and best ways to make BBQ chicken wings is in the oven. These foolproof chicken wings are tender and delicious.
Servings: 2 Servings
- 1 pound chicken wings cut at the joint
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce
For the dry rub
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
Pre-heat the oven to 400° F (204° C).
Mix all the dry rub ingredients in a small bowl.
Coat the wings with the dry rub and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or tin foil that is lightly greased. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the tray and flip over the wings. Bake for another 15 minutes.
Remove the baking sheet from the oven and turn it to broil. Place the top rack on the 2nd row, so it's not too close to the heating element.
Brush the tops of the wings with BBQ sauce and broil the wings for 3-5 minutes, until a bit of char begins to form. Remove the sheet, flip the wings over, brush the sauce on the tops. Broil again for 3-5 minutes.
Remove the wings from the oven and serve.
- You can use our Bourbon BBQ Sauce recipe, or any other BBQ sauce you prefer. It doesn't have to be homemade. We love Sweet Baby Ray's bottled sauce.
- For the rub, you can use any purchased rub you like, or use the rub in this recipe. You can leave out the brown sugar to lower the carbs/calories.
- You can also leave out the garlic or onion powder, and the mustard powder, if you don't have it.
Calories: 360kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 1052mg | Potassium: 326mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 1593IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 2mg