Roasted Asparagus Salad with Cranberries and Feta Cheese
This roasted asparagus salad is topped with cranberries, feta and pine nuts, plus a tangy vinaigrette dressing to make a unique and flavorful side dish.
Servings: 4 people
- 1.5-2 pounds fresh asparagus tough ends removed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pine nuts lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
For the vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar or honey
- 1/4 teaspoon dry Italian herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Cut the tough ends off the asparagus spears and place them on a baking sheet.
Drizzle olive oil over the asparagus, then season with salt and pepper. Place the baking sheet in the oven for 10 minutes.
Remove the asparagus from the oven. Allow to cool slightly, then transfer the asparagus to a serving platter. Line the asparagus up in a single-layer.
Sprinkle with the cranberries, pine nuts, and feta cheese across the center of the asparagus. Spoon the vinaigrette over the top. Serve.
- 1 pound of asparagus generally contains 12-15 spears. Plan on serving 6-8 spears per person, depending on the size of the asparagus.
- You can substitute any crumbly cheese for the feta, like blue cheese, gorgonzola, or goats cheese.
- You can substitute walnuts, sunflower seeds, or pumpkin seeds for the pine nuts.
- If you want to make a larger quantity of the vinaigrette in this recipe, use this full-size recipe.
Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 123mg | Potassium: 414mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 1331IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 4mg