Homemade Taco Seasoning for Ground Beef
There's no need to purchase taco seasoning when it is so easy and inexpensive to make it at home with spices you likely already have in the cabinet.
Servings: 1 serving
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch optional
- If you don’t like spicy food, don’t add the red pepper flakes.
- Cornstarch acts as a thickener and will help the seasoning adhere to the meat and form a more saucy consistency. It’s not necessary.
- You can mix this seasoning in a much larger batch and store for regular use. Just double or triple the ingredients.
Calories: 57kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1300mg | Potassium: 237mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 3357IU | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 3mg