You can make a batch of Peach Iced Tea in just 15 minutes with the Instant Pot and it won’t heat up your kitchen like it does on the stovetop.
» You might try this Rich & Delicious Instant Pot Beef Stew or 10 Accessories You Need For Your Instant Pot.
In the heat of summer, a glass of chilled Peach Iced Tea is the perfect beverage to cool you down. I make a pitcher of this tea at least once a week, so it’s always in the refrigerator when I want some.
There are many tea companies making peach flavored iced tea these days, but none of them compares to this fresh-made version that uses actual fruit. The flavor is unmatchable when you use real fruit.
▶ Also try this Instant Pot Blackberry Iced Tea
What Tea to Use
I prefer to use high-quality black loose leaf tea for this recipe. I like the Republic of Tea’s black Darjeeling tea, because it has the best flavor and it’s organic. However, there are many options.
You can use plain old Lipton black tea bags, just remember to remove the yellow tag from the bags. I’ve used other brands of tea bags, like PG Tips, but they impart a filmy substance in the tea that’s not particularly pleasant.
Ingredients You’ll Need
The Instant Pot really makes this recipe a snap. Let the Instant Pot do the work for you!
- Black tea bags – Use your favorite tea. If you are using tea bags remember to remove the tag from the bag.
- Peaches – Fresh peaches are best. Pitted, skinned and cut into chunks.
- Ginger – One inch piece, peeled. This is optional but it adds a nice twist.
- Honey – Optional, sweeten to taste. Try and use locally sourced whenever possible.
- Fresh mint – Used for garnish.
Should I Skin the Peaches?
Another decision you’ll need to make is whether or not to skin the peaches. I personally prefer to skin the peaches, but this is a personal preference. There is no visible difference in the tea if you skin the peaches or not.
If you buy organic peaches, there’s really no need to skin them. I do it because the peaches are often quite fuzzy and I want to make sure the tea is as pure as it can be.
Why Use An Instant Pot
The Instant Pot is one of the most useful kitchen appliances you can buy, because it drastically cuts down on the cooking time for developing flavors in soups and stews, getting tough cuts of meat tender, and even baking a cheesecake. And there are many accessories that will help you get more out of your Instant Pot.
If you don’t have one yet, check out our guide on which one to buy. You can also check out our Instant Pot page for more information.
Tips and Notes
Remove tea bags as soon as the pressure has been fully released to prevent bitterness. If you prefer stronger tea, leave the bags in longer.
Baking soda neutralizes the tannins in black tea, giving it a smoother taste. Try adding a pinch of baking soda prior to brewing.
Try adding extra additions to this peach tea, to give it a twist, like ginger or mint. You can add these extras right to the Instant Pot and the flavor will infuse into the tea.
Use a different tea such as Chai, green or rooibos. Choose what you like!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use canned peaches instead of fresh?
Yes. You can use canned peaches. It’s best to use peaches in their natural juices only, if possible, or it will be too sweet.
Can I reuse my tea bags?
You can. I would suggest adding a few new tea bags as well. You want to have a nice strong tea flavor. Don’t reuse tea bags that look damaged. You don’t want them to explode during cooking.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Like this recipe? We’d love for you to share it on your Pinterest board! Click to follow our Pinterest boards so you can find all our recipes!
Instagram it! If you try this recipe please tag #AFoodLoversKitchen on Instagram or Twitter. We love to see your photos of our recipes! Also follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook to keep up on what we’re cooking up.
Instant Pot Peach Iced Tea
- 8 cups water
- 4 organic black tea bags paper tags removed
- 4 fresh peaches pitted, skinned, and cut into chunks
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled
- Local honey to taste (optional)
- 1 fresh peach cut into thin slices
- 6-8 fresh mint sprigs
- Add water, tea bags, peaches, and fresh ginger to Instant Pot and stir to combine.
- Add lid and lock into place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting on normal for 5 minutes.
- When finished, allow pressure to release naturally (NR) for 10-15 minutes, then do a quick release (QR) to allow the remaining pressure to escape.
- Carefully strain hot tea mixture with a fine mesh strainer to remove the solids. Pour the remaining liquid into a large, heat-resistant pitcher.
- Sweeten with honey, to taste, and stir to combine. Cool slightly before serving over ice with peach slices and sprigs of fresh mint, if desired.
🥧 If you’re interested in more great recipes, I share all my favorite Instant Pot recipes over at A Pressure Cooker Kitchen, air fryer recipes at Air Fry Anytime, and cocktails and drinks at Savored Sips. Check it out today!
Pin it for later
Hi! I’m Angela and I joined the team in 2020. I love to try new foods and recipes and look forward to passing them along to you. I live in a small town in Oregon with my two adult children who enjoy experimenting with food as well.
4 thoughts on “Instant Pot Peach Iced Tea”
I love that this recipe uses fresh vegetables! Can’t wait to try it!
My idea of heaven. So refreshing and absolutely perfect delicious on a spring day.
I love the idea of using my instant pot for making iced tea. This peach tea is so good it’s addicting.
Oh my goodness! I love using my instant pot and this is on my to make list. Definitely making it when I get peaches from the store